Monday, August 4, 2008

Why Borderland Traveler?

For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that I thought it would be a pretty cool blog name! :-) And it covers a multitude of topics, so I can be as varied as I am. Oh, okay, honestly, it's the Floyd in me. Dad could never resist a good name. When all the Y2K hype was abuzz, he changed his email addy to "Y2KSeeker," and then named his own site "St@nes of F!re." So I come by the naming drama honestly, and I know Dad would get a kick out of this. :)

If I decide to go mystical, a borderland traveler hints at inhabiting the borderland between this world and all others. A fascinating place to be, and one that brings exciting insight and commitment to this life... thanks to Dad for this habit too - as anyone who has lost a loved one can attest, when your Dad goes somewhere you cannot follow directly, or see clearly, you tend to turn over every stone trying to communicate. Or maybe that's just me, and the Watson-bequeathed mystical side again? I'll let you know if Dad reads this & comments!

If I wax parental, it hints that as a parent, I am on the border. Of sanity? Perhaps! Any parent who says they have not been to that particular border is lying!

So, here goes. Borderland Traveler commences.

Whew. I picked a name. It's no easy thing, this idea of a name. But the blogging part? That's easy. I've been "blogging" since I was at least 12, only it used to be called "journaling." :) Writing is a compulsion for me, whether it's turning a harrowing day into a funny tale or writing poetry.

So here's to enjoyable travels from this inhabitant of the borderland...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put it right here, babe!