Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tonight

Tonight it is quiet. Three children are sleeping, Cole is watching cartoons, Rick is channel-surfing, I am internet surfing, and my Mom is hand-hemming curtain panels for the boys' room - all in the same room, separate yet together.:) Mom watches whatever channel Rick stops on briefly, laughs if it is humorous, but doesn't say a word when he flips the channel. I wonder how long this will last.

I guess it just seems homey to see Mom over there sewing. Familiar and cozy. So I'm enjoying the view.

Today we went to the farmer's market and bought string beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini and peaches. So tomorrow we can feast on barbecue chicken, grilled veggies, a pot of beans & some roasted potatoes. At least that's the plan. Somehow a lot of cooking sounds great to me in the morning, and I love to plan what we will eat. Then, by 4pm when moods go downhill, I start bailing on the cooking... and we end up having scrambled eggs. :) Some of my best concoctions are thrown together on the fly!

The other night I started tossing things in the eggs, and before I knew it I had made a Dad meal - eggs, avocados, tomatoes, hot dog, cheese - and it was so good. That's my goal - creating fast scrambled-egg-based meals that are ready in 10 minutes. Who has 30 minutes anymore?? I try to have 30 minutes, and I am overcome by events every time... So I turn to eggs or wraps. Love a wrap. Maybe I'll start combining the two and put eggs in a wrap. With all the other stuff.

This cooking chat is for you Susan, cook of all yummy things. Wish I had pics of the egg-conglomeration for you... ;)

2 comments:

  1. now see, that is when you have to break the camera out! :)
    I would love to have seen the egg concoction.
    that is cool about your mom making curtains there.
    do you sew too?
    you know, i never know what we are going to have, but when i go to the farmer's market, it tells itself to me!
    tell your mom hello from me and from andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I cross-stitch very well, and have made the kids birth samplers. But no, no skillz like Mom.:) OK, I'll grab the camera next time - it IS more fun to see pics...

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!