Friday, July 10, 2009

a challenge and a first

You never know what you'll get around here. And in a brief departure from all things child-related, today you get a card!


Tina, at Travelingmama, is posting a weekly Traveler's Inspiration Challenge, and this week I was able to participate. Mostly because it was posted on a Friday, and a.) my cleaning efforts are slack that day, b.) Phoenix took a nice nap, and c.) the older kids pretended to be puppies and I poured them repeated bowls of dry cereal as puppy food.

The result of all this? This!



The inspiration photo was a serene shot of the Taos Pueblo, in Taos, NM (click here to see it). The natural tones of the earth and pueblo against the bright blue sky were irresistible. I thought of a friend that moved away to Alabama, and she needs to come visit... so I'm sending this sentiment to urge a visit!

Happy weekend all...

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I'm so glad you found time to make something! I cracked up picturing you feeding your puppies some chow. That is hysterical! I hope you guys have a great weekend!
    Hugs from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Bethany!
    YOu took the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Bethany...also got a little chuckle out of you feed your little pups cereal ;-).

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspirational card, and inspirational parenting skills too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!