Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry greetings

Have I mentioned lately that I'm slipping? You know, the old wheels aren't turning so spinningly anymore?

Well, I've done it now.

And all in the name of aesthetics.

I chose a most lovely Christmas card, because the instant I saw it, I loved the colors, the pattern, the spot for TWO pictures (crucial!), and the overall look. L-o-v-e-l-y. And I ordered those puppies, got them in, and proudly sat down to address envelopes.

Full stop.

My cards say, in the area for holiday sentiment, Season's Greetings. And did I notice this, before purchasing? Well, only in the most abstract ways, while I admired the beauty and the colors.

Oh my. Me oh my. Yes, yes, I know Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Yes, yes, I know Christmas is the name of the holiday. Oh don't I know it. Haven't I gotten a-plenty of emails lately, reminding me of this fact? Every wingnut with an email account and a pointer finger zips that sentiment around. I do not disagree! I fell for the prettiness! Swear! Was I raised in a non-Christian barn? (shut up. I was only in that barn a lot because I had a pony. And I liked the smell of hay.) (Email-forwarding-vigilante/morality police will be another topic. Promise! Stop me, oh oh oh, stop me... stop me if you think that you've heard this one before...)

All together now, shake your heads in silent lament at the absolute heathen choice of card I have made. 'Cause I'm sure still sending them out, and I still (secretly) love my choice. Ssssh...

Merry Christmas kids. The word is Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put it right here, babe!