Thursday, March 22, 2012

steps and leaps: an announcement

Halloo good friends and people of the internetz!
I have been through the mood gamut today and have settled on pleased satisfaction. It is good, no?
I think this will sound like I am giving a speech.
I am trying not to sound like a speech-giver, speech-writer or anything of the sort.
Oh help, speech! Speech on the horizon!

"Begin at the beginning," the King said gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Alice in Wonderland)

If you have enjoyed the poems I write and post from time to time, then take note!
(Sing halloo!) On this day, that also happens to be my birthday, but is not coincidental to this announcement, I have N-E-W-S.
In 12-72 hours Amazon Kindle Store will have my very own collection of poetry listed, for procurement by poetry lovers the world over. What? Poetry, you say? Yes! I say!
If I could contain my excitement for 12 or possibly 72 hours, I would have waited and posted a link along with this news.
Alas. Alas? Alas, you say? Well, yes. If you say "poetry" you have to also begin to say "Alas." I think it's a rule. I love a good rule!
Alas, I could not wait. Consider it advance notice for my borderland friends. Beat the rush! Poetry is the new, umm, new, umm, well. It is what I have been given to do, and that is where we stand, friends.
Sing poems!
You know I have things to say about this. Dramatic, melodramatic, spirit-bringing, lovemaking things to say about this. For now: This poetry collection of mine is called Haven, and it is an assortment of 22 poems about life, love, friends, comfort and perhaps a lick of inspiration.
Links to follow, rambling to end now, birthday to continue in true 36 year old fashion.
Sing glory!

2 comments:

  1. Yippie!!! X100!
    I cannot wait to see it!
    :)
    Congratulations bloggy bud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy happy Bethany. And congratulations on Haven - this is so excellent. I'm truly looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!