Saturday, March 24, 2012

Haven: the details

Here's the nitty-gritty, kids:
 Haven is here, in living color!
This morning I'm making links and buttons...
And here we have it, on the sidebar - applause for my restraint in not naming it the preshus...

A note for my non-Kindle friends:

Hi Friends,
I have started out simple, producing this project on one site only. Ebook conversion is tricky! Please forgive me. Love, B.

Kindle offers free apps for many other devices, though I have not yet found a way for my nook friends to make it work. There are apps for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android devices, etc.:
Free Kindle apps

I have heard from iPhone and iPad users that the app is great, and the format works well
This has been a process of techie education, and in the process I have found that I am not so techie. (I die a little inside at the admission...) I'm capable of some things, sure - but ebook conversion across every app available? My head, my pounding head! I downloaded three different converters, testing and editing, and realizing along the way that each converter took my document and did wonky things with it. According to ebook advice sites, and Amazon itself, the conversion process is just "that way." One particular conversion randomly removed every "l" from most words. Freak out! Bethany Ear, I am not. So, this is why I have chosen to stick with one conversion that came through with relatively few kinks and cranks.

All that stuff aside...
What a week! Your comments, emails and encouragement have been the ink in my pen.
Bye for now...




2 comments:

  1. I love the button too! :)
    {a button}

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy is being delivered to my Kindle as I type this!
    This is exciting. ooh yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!