Thursday, January 5, 2012

Guest Blog: I'm back

It's been awhile since I wrote on the puter. Mom keeps it pretty well locked away from me. Something about "leave my stuff alone" and "stop breaking things, Phoenix," things like that, she says. I tell her, I tell her I want to do it and so I can do it. I tell those kids too. I tell Cole he better stop leaving Legos out everywhere, or he's going to his room. I tell him. I tell him don't talk back Cole, or you go to your room.
And I tell you, I tell you why I'm writing today. About this Year of the Happy stuff. Let me tell you - it did not work out so well for me, that last time there was a Year of Something. A Year of the Yes? I tell you, it was more a Year of Yeah, Right. I tell you, if I'm not gonna do something, I'm not gonna do it. And if I'm doing something, I'm doing it. I tell you.
I tell you too, here's what I think of this whole Year of the Happy. I am NOT happy. Being sent to my room is not happy, and staying in my bed all night is not happy, and having to drink water when I want juice is definitely NOT happy, and drawing on only paper is not happy. And pottying. I tell you, going potty is SO not happy. It's not even been a week, and it's already the Year of Pick on Phoenix.
Take this Year of Happy. Take it, I tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Bethany (I love your name)---that is one cute kid!!!! Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this was delightful! thank you for the laughs, and I hope things turn around for you real soon. happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!