Sunday, October 30, 2011

That Edge

On feisty days the energy runs
and tries to break out-
I am someone
I used to be.

The mirror tells me I am not
but the eyes
they give the game away
Through me and to me
they say you are who you are
grown up or small
tamed or
wild
Winds of change blow through

I am drawn along the edge
of feeling the present and the past hand in hand
who says time is separate
when it walks so closely
in the heart

Now a fierceness stares back
daring me to become
what the wild wind says
It is not angst or longing this time
not anymore
It is pure power of life

And I know the moment it dives under the skin
Enlivening, freeing, acknowledging
Seeing the loop of then and now
I am free

BL
10/30/11

2 comments:

  1. your writing is amazing. I was going to copy and paste a stanza that really hit me, but I couldn't choose one because each is as powerful as the next. are you going to participate in NaNoWriMo? I've toyed with the idea. I like that the foundation for support is right there on their website, and if I open an account I'll be able to track my progress, etc. it deserves further thought. but you write so well, I'd like to see you do it for sure. happy day to you Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany,
    This is a another beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!