Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Lines


For my Small Ones

Do you know how wide love is?
How tall or deep or heavy?
Do you know the shape of love?
The weave or thread or softness?

These things I may not tell you
We may wonder and muse and smile
But the secret of love is this
my small one
Our hearts become the universe
and inside them turns the love we feel
Our hearts become as endless as the sky
full of the flight of birds
and breath of wind
Our hearts become as deep as the ocean
pulsing with current
and twisting with life
These hearts they fill
fill and feel
Feel and grow
until everything and everyone we have ever loved
can fit inside
Like you and you and you and you
And that’s when you know
How wide and tall and deep and heavy
How soft and weighty
That’s when you know that the shape of love
is you.

BL
2/14/13
Happy Love Day... kiss the ones you love! {Mmm-wah} 

1 comment:

  1. Bethany,
    This is another hit!! Is this poem in your book, or is it new?
    I had a brainstorm the other day!! Since I have an i-pad now, I can get your book!! I really love/enjoy your poetry, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Put it right here, babe!