Saturday, October 2, 2021

Pandemic Phase

We the people are moving through our very own pandemic phases. Sometimes we shift through 4 stages in one day! What a day! 

                                                                                     (c. Jenny Holzer)

I think about this line so much. I can't seem to stop the intensity of tenderness and the absolute imperative of speaking it. I tell my close friends "I love you" so frequently that they probably all think I am slowly perishing of some hidden illness. It's all a bit messy and desperate and deep waters lurk everywhere. I like deep waters. We are coming through this with a 100% conviction of who is coming through this with us.

Brandi sings "Alone is the last place I wanted to be" and it hits. Be tender. Don't be alone. I will put my arms around every single one of you and not regret it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put it right here, babe!